Software Development Engineer - Alexa Devices
- Seattle, WA
Interested in creating novel experiences for our Alexa-devices-with-a-screen such as Echo Show and Echo Spot? Then we're looking for you! We're a team of engineers who are passionate about cutting edge application development. Our devices are touchscreen-enabled and support video calling, music, weather, clocks, alarms, and many more experiences. They are backed by our Alexa engine, so they weave voice and touch interaction together to create a delightful integrated experience. We're delivering many new novel applications and devices every year, come join us!
Specifically, if you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Implement delightful experiences for our customers that utilize mobile and Alexa technologies.
• Design novel customer interactions through collaboration with Product and UX teams.
• Collaborate with UI teams across Kindle and other organizations to define patterns used across our entire Amazon UI ecosystem.
• Deliver high quality software while working in a fun, dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3+ years of industry experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
• 3+ years of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object oriented design and code quality verification.
• Experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
• Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
• Experience driving and articulating technical challenges and solutions.
• Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Graduate degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top