Software Development Engineer, Alexa Dev Ex and Customer Trust (ADECT)
- Bellevue, WA
Amazon Alexa is changing the way people interact with machines. Alexa is acquiring new skills daily with the help of a vibrant 3P developer ecosystem. Do you want to join the team that delivers the best in class Alexa skills to Amazon's customers? Do you want to build a team that is equally obsessed over customers and content developers? Then the Alexa Catalog Operations Product and Systems (ADECT) team is where you want to be.
The mission of Alexa ADECT Tech team is to protect trust of Alexa users. The team uses cutting edge technologies to develop large-scale platforms to analyze huge number of skill interactions by Alexa customers in real time and also also monitor customer sentiment regarding the skills on other feedback channels. The team uses various content classification and machine learning algorithms for solving complex business challenges.
the ADECT team also work with the content operations team to build tech platform that simplifies and automates complex Skill Certification process to ensure the sanity of Alexa Skill catalog.
We are looking for Software Dev Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge technologies to Alexa customers!
Software Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
• Decide what features to build.
• Drive software engineering best practice.
• Design distributed and scalable systems.
• Test and document the software you develop.
If so, join us on the Alexa Tech team in Bellevue or Seattle, WA as a Software Engineer; an innovative and growing part of Amazon.com, Alexa ADECT organization. We're a group of talented engineers who are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for both developers and end users. We are continuing to innovate in the monitoring and analytics space and have some very exciting plans for the future. This is a rare opportunity to join a team in the initial phase of our design/development and directly influence our long-term strategy & success.
• Experience solving problems using Machine Learning techniques
• Experience building systems that handle large volumes of data
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
• Full stack development experience
• Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years' experience building large-scale server systems in Java, C++, or other OO languages.
• Possess excellent understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
Experience using Amazon Web Services including Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, SQS/SNS, S3, DynamoDB etc.
• Understanding of Distributed Computing (SQL as well as NoSQL) and Big Data ecosystem e.g. Spark
• Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object-oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast paced development environment.
-Experience with Machine Learning
-Experience with NLP libraries such as NLTK, openNLP, Stanford-NLP, WordNet, SAS Text Miner or other NLP software
Experience taking a lead role in architecture, designing, and building complex software systems
- Experience with ETL (Extract Transform Load), Data Warehousing systems, and Big Data technologies
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top