Software Development Engineer | Alexa Communications
- San Francisco, CA
Alexa Communications team is looking for software engineers who are interested in building Communications capabilities with us. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. You can make with us, and the good news is that we've only just begun!
For our new team we are looking for passionate, curious, and talented Software Engineers who have building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that will revolutionize the industry. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies (Alexa voice recognition) to create new product offerings in the space of Communications.
In this role, you will need a passion to build elegant systems in the most efficient ways while pushing the limits of current technology and challenging the status quo.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and launch core product features
• Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
• Create world class software and Alexa experiences
• Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
• Dive into and take ownership of mission critical software puzzles
• Participate in and drive design reviews
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work for every 1 year of
• 5+ years professional in software development
• Experience with object- design and systems architecture
• Experience in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Experience developing in at least one of Java, C# or C++
• Experience with all phases of development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top