Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding? We operate Amazon scale real-time, machine learning developer tools in production and we are working hard to improve on our foundations and scale for future growth while having fun along the way. Come join us!
Alexa's Language Engineering Developer Experience team builds tools enabling language engineers, scientists, SDEs and product managers to build premier conversational experiences for millions of Alexa's customers. We believe speech to be a pervasive and superior mode of interacting with automated systems and are committed to maintaining our industry-leading position in this space. Our mission is to empower all external parties to extend Alexa's magical experience with innovative applications across domains. For supporting the growth of our rapidly expanding third party ecosystem, we are developing our ML stack to offer state-of-the-art abstractions to developers so they can deliver immersive voice experiences with ease. Our stack leverages innovative ML algorithms and datasets to build and train third party application models to achieve best-in-class accuracy and recognition rates. To accomplish this, we work closely with some of the best ML Research and Applied Scientists in the field.
Our engineers are self-motivated and customer-focused individuals with a good instinct for developing software services with forward looking APIs. These skills help us define the leading edge for elegant, super-scalable ML services for Alexa. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. The person should have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems using C++/Java in a Linux/Unix environment. An ideal candidate should enjoy working on complex system software, be customer-centric, and feel passionate not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals as an owner of one of Amazon's flagship services. If you have a flair for innovation and passion for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry, we need you!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++
• Experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience developing distributed software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Tags: Amazon Alexa, Alexa, Amazon Echo, Echo, Java, C++, object oriented, Rails, Linux, machine learning, ML, large scale distributed systems, virtualization, high availability, speech and language understanding, NLU, ASR, NLP, Amazon Software Development Engineer, SDE, Sr. SDE, Senior SDE, Seattle Engineer, Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Sr. Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Sr. Software Developer, Senior Software Developer, Software Developer, developer tools, Alexa AI, Natural Language Understanding, Artificial Intelligence