Software Development Engineer, Alexa AI
- Seattle, WA
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Machine Learning (ML), in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies and machine learning systems that customers love.
As a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa AI team, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and other engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based engines. Prior domain knowledge including AI, ML, and NLU is a preferred, though not required. However, strong motivation to learn ML, AI and NLU is critical for successful candidates. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional responsibilities include:
• Designing, developing and maintaining core system features, services and engines
• Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
• Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Operating in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities.
• Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
• Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable.
• Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU and scientific thinking.
• Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top