Software Development Engineer, Alexa
- Irvine, CA
"Alexa, can I work for you?"...
Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 - at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to create the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have gone beyond Kindle with our powerhouse Fire tablets, built for work and play with our Fire OS operating system. For streaming media lovers, we have created Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick with voice search, massive video selection, and gaming.
The Amazon Devices team focuses on bringing user-delighting, voice-activated experiences to Amazon customers. The Alexa team first began with the development of Amazon Echo, a new category of device designed entirely around your voice. It's always ready, connected, and fast just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Echo begins working as soon as it detects the wake word.
About the position...
At Amazon, we seek talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features.
You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design an architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline • 3+years of professional software development experience • Knowledge of at least one modern programming language: Java, C#, Python, Ruby, or C++ • Experience and understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Preferred Qualifications: • Master's Degree in in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline • Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms • Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top