Help make Alexa better by building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core Alexa product features. You will have wide exposure across Alexa's components and services and will drive improvements across many systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, ability to innovate quickly, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience
• 4+ years of software development experience
• Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
• 2+ years experience developing on Linux/Unix platforms
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to work across many teams and coordinate tasks
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation