Software Development Engineer- Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Are you customer-obsessed and interested in Speech and Language Understanding? Do you find creating cutting-edge voice control exciting? If so, the Alexa Excellence Team in Seattle, Washington,is looking for a talented engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and cars. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
The Alexa Excellence team operates programs to increase the stability and performance of all Alexa customer experiences. We serve as a center of excellence by providing leadership, best practices, tools, research, audit reports, support and education to all Alexa teams. We also own mechanisms to standardize the API implementation decisions across Alexa. Our customers are internal developers across Alexa teams and beyond, and our tools and program guidelines are critical to the development, testing, release and maintenance of any Alexa features. We ensure that Alexa is always ready.
You've found the right team if you are a passionate software engineer with experience building innovative, mission critical applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Graduate degree
• Knowledge of/expertise in AWS technologies such as ElasticSearch, S3, Dynamodb etc.
• Experience working with large scale distributed systems.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top