This is the opportunity to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years! We are hiring for a number of different teams and projects and the final choice of the team will be yours.
Here in Gdansk, we are building the state-of-the-art technology and services that helps Alexa speak, sound and understand languages in the most natural way. We achieve this by building and maintaining complex, large-scale and resilient cloud services the enables our text-to-speech services. We are also involved in creating highly optimized, low-latency solutions that make Alexa available everywhere, including offline or in-car. Our teams are also developing Amazon Polly - technology that allows developers all around the world building new categories of speech enabled applications.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for creating reliable, scalable and high-performance products. This role requires a great understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and proficiency in at least one of the modern programming languages.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 4+ years of hands-on software development experience.
• Excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language.
• Outstanding knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and problem solving).
• Proficiency using Object Oriented Design and common design pattern.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Knowledge of speech technologies and Natural Language Processing
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or AI
• Experience with AWS native tools
• Experience with end-to-end Agile software development