Software Development Engineer
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning techniques and advanced mathematical modeling to solve real world problems? Are you passionate about building and running global scale services? Do you want to play a key role in the future of Amazon's Retail business?
As a member of the Demand Forecasting team, you'll play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with Forecasting. You will apply Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Data mining, Scalability, Machine learning and Statistical Algorithms techniques - just to name a few.
You should love solving hard problems, never take 'no' for an answer, and strive to innovate and simplify. Join our team of top-notch software developers, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years relevant experience; or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years relevant experienc
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language; or demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools quickly
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis
- Understanding of relational databases and basic SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Experience applying machine learning, statistical modeling or related analytic techniques
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience collecting software product requirements, describe software product features, and creating technical designs
- Experience with Oracle Databases and/or NoSQL data storage
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Hadoop and map-reduce concepts
- Experience with Data mining
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top