Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
You'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants around the world selling on Amazon in mobile and desktop experiences. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building the next generation of a order experience for 3rd party merchants. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
This Software Development position is for Fulfillment Merchant Ordering group, where innovation and latest technologies merge to build brand new features and capabilities for sellers and end customers.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, a solid computer science foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor to Amazon's next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Come be part of the team redefining how best to sell on the Internet!
This SDE position is for Amazon Fulfillment Services, working on multiple new projects from the scratch in 2020. We are working on multiple new initiatives to enable sellers to serve business customers effectively build next generation platforms. Projects we are working on are MFN Prime, B2B experiences, Mobile app, expanding the India business as well as platform improvements across all our services to make them more config driven using new AWS technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
• Maniacal Customer Obsession
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top