Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited to solve problems at the cutting edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features at the core of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? If so come work for us in EC2!
EC2 Networking is crucial for Amazon's long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon, and we are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs. The EC2 team is looking for talented software engineers to help us build new innovative features driving the future of cloud computing, and the tools to help us operate in this space.
We want people who are passionate about writing software for managing large dynamic networks. If you are an engineer with a solid background of delivering innovative solutions, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. C, Golang, Kotlin, Rust
• Distributed system design and development experience
• Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, and data structures
• Experience building scalable systems with service oriented architectures
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
Back to top