Software Development Engineer - Advertising Quality
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the Advertisement Quality team in Edinburgh. Our Ad Quality team is committed to protecting the trust of our advertising customers. Our work includes working with large data sets, creating and managing systems that can monitor other systems, and the creation and enforcement of best practices within our software. Our work is characterized by high scale, complexity, and a constant need for innovation. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action.
You will work as a full time Software Development Engineer at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis, and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork, communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects. Our team values work/life balance, and supports flexible times and occasional remote working.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization, object-oriented development and design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and strong problem solving skills.
• Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
Back to top