Software Development Engineer - Advertising Platform
Amazon's Advertising Platform is positioned to grow its share of the online advertising industry due to its unique combination of online retail behavior data, industry-leading cloud services, and a fast-moving startup culture. As part of our innovation and growth, we work with multiple Third Party Service Providers to provide flexibility and choice for our advertisers. These relationships also expose our Ad Platform to risks and external dependencies.
The Third Party Ad Service Provider (3PASP) team has been newly created to build a platform to manage the end to end lifecycle of our relationship with these third parties. This includes assessment of current and new service providers covering security, privacy, data protections, reputation and performance; identifying and managing risks around data leakage, latency, malware and reporting of metrics. This platform will integrate with our core Ad Scanner, data warehouse and provide an API interface for other external systems to source data. This is a green field opportunity with scope for innovation in this largely unsolved problem space.
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to ideate, innovate, design, build and deliver technology solutions. You look at problems holistically and thrive on cutting through complexity to deliver simple and maintainable solutions. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. This highly visible role requires frequent communication with leadership in order to help shape and deliver on the product roadmap, and requires you to nimbly switch between strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve technical, business, and customer experience goals. You'll be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack - from customer facing features, to exploratory innovation, all the way down to the datasets that the back-end services store.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional industry experience.
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
- Master's degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Solid experience working with SQL databases.
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
- A good understanding of the entire SDLC
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experience in advertising
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top