Software Development Engineer - Advertising, New Initiatives
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Global Advertising Partner Development team helps suppliers, agencies, marketers, authors, content creators, designers, non-endemic advertisers and developers to scale their use of Amazon Advertising and grow their business by surfacing a diverse selection of products to millions of worldwide Amazon customers. We do this via software tools and marketing/engagement programs that enable developers (internal and external) and partners (agencies and tool providers) to better serve advertiser needs.
As a software development engineer, you will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial team building applications to help Amazon Suppliers grow their e-commerce business with the help of advertising partners. Our team owns Amazon Advertising's public and first-party APIs and the infrastructure powering the rapid release of new products via the API. Through this infrastructure we support Advertising feature teams to build features such as sponsored products, sponsored brands, brand videos, stores, sponsored display, and DSP (Demand Side Platform). This role will be responsible for developing retail tools, including new APIs, which will directly accelerate demand and drive business growth across the entire advertising business by enabling Amazon's partners to access their retail data in programmatic ways.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Comfortable working with a distributed team, where team members are located in different locales
• Expertise extracting, manipulating, and understanding data to draw conclusions and make intelligent business and technical decisions
• 5+ years of industry experience in software development
• Experience in API-first and service-oriented software development
• Experience shipping successful large-scale projects in an Agile environment
• The ability to define system architecture and explore the feasibility of various designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top