Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Performance Ads Core Engine (PACE) organization develops core services for Advertiser Registration and Access Management, Ad Catalog Service, Billing, Data Ingestion/Publishing and Analytics and Advertising moderation that underpin advertising programs such as Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands. This role will see you collaborate with a large number of teams across WW Advertising to drive key initiatives to improve resilience of advertising systems. You will be part of a newly formed engineering team that is responsible for building core tools that will be used by all teams in self-service performance advertising, in the areas of Game Days, measuring and monitoring availability of customer facing services and many other initiatives.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Proficiency developing in a modern programming language, such as C++, Java, C#, Python, or Ruby
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
• Experience in Database technologies such as Postgres, DynamoDB , SQL
• Should be genuinely excited about technology. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
• Be equally comfortable coding and operating the code you write.
• Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience building and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems or web services with a high degree of operational excellence
• A strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
• A strong understanding of operating system internals, including network and storage subsystems
• Experience with relational and non relational database systems
• Experience developing on Linux
• Experience using AWS services
• Experience delivering projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us