Software Development Engineer - ACS
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Echo Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Software Development Engineer on Amazon Common Software (ACS) - https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices
You will be responsible for helping to deliver a fast, fluid and delightful experience for our customers. You will be expected to work at all levels of the stack and backend systems - from the application to the kernel, nothing is off limits. Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in more than one programming or scripting language and work with an unwavering focus on performance, fluidity and the overall customer experience.
You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems in the Amazon ecosystem; help qualify and shape Amazon's device portfolio; and foster best practices for teams to use for a performant and fluid experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 3+ years relevant work experience
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
• 3+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 3+ years of experience in C, C++
• Experience with Full Stack development.
• Experience working on high-volume consumer products
• Understanding of embedded development constraints
• Data analysis skills
• Strong coding skills in Python and/or Java Script.
• Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams
• Experience working on consumer electronics products
• Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
• Shell scripting experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top