At AWS GameTech we build services for games and simulations to run and scale on the cloud. We are looking for engineers to join a team building a new GameTech AWS service. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of the technology and product. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and delivery of critical software components architected for the cloud.
We are looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver truly innovative technology for tomorrow's most celebrated games. Our team consists of innovators, experts and veterans. If you are excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon's ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, come talk to us.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help design, implement and operate large scale game services on a fast schedule. In addition to being a strong coder, this software engineer is expected to help bring up the code quality across the team by actively contributing to and improving design reviews, code reviews and the development process. If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- writing quality, reusable code for a highly scalable and reliable cloud based gaming service
- working closely with product and development management to architect the service
- being a driver for operational excellence by Insisting on the Highest Standards
- writing code that continuously improves service reliability and availability
- having fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
As a new member of the team, you would get the support you need to quickly ramp up on AWS and our services. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we support each other through knowledge sharing and mentorship. As a senior engineer you would have opportunities to mentor more junior engineers and receive mentorship from principal engineers on the team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience with UDP network programming
- Low level OS experience with either Windows or Linux
- SDK development experience
- You love to play games!