Amazon Business is looking for a passionate, smart, and talented Software Development Engineer who can build innovative & mission critical software applications, services and tools. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of B2B products. You will be responsible for delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and services.
The Amazon Business organization is focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses, and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon consumer customer base.
Amazon Business SDE2 leads the technical direction of critical applications for millions of Amazon customers. As a leader of the team, you will have the end-to-end ownership of your areas. You will partner with other development teams company wide to deliver a coherent and unified B2B experience. You will be responsible for all aspects of the customer experience from the visual interface to the back end services. You will be part of the Integrations team within Amazon Business, which is chartered to offer authentication, transmissions, communications and message based transaction processing for Amazon Business Customers.
You will partner closely with Product Managers, Software engineers and Business leaders to help translate business requirements into technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provides compelling customer experiences. You will also be responsible for building, and managing large scale software services.
We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical, hands-on, data driven leaders who know their subject matters deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who will set aside meaningful time to develop themselves and their teams as we continually learn from customers. Its still Day 1!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 4+yrs to 12 years of industry experience.
• Solid experience in C, C++, or Java (expert in at least one).
• Solid expertise in Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented design and concepts.
• Experience with scaling and performance of large systems.
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience developing technologies with knowledge of API, Interoperability and Integrations protocols
• Understanding of microservices performance, their challenges and solutions
• Familiar with building secure and robust software applications and services
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Showed ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment