Do you want to influence the experience of millions of customers? Do you want to work in a collaborative environment that impacts products from across the company?
We redefine the customer contact experience by exposing a messaging-based contact channel (Message Us) using an automated assistant (chatbot) to better understand the customer problem and guide them to resolution via automation. Message Us, is Amazon CS's bot-first, text-based contact channel which uses cutting-edge technologies and machine learning built in-house from the ground up. We focus on building scalable platforms and systems for customers and agents to power automation globally across many languages for the billions of customers and thousands of agents that use our products in many marketplaces every day. We also invest in experimentation to identify new and inventive ways to build and chat experiences for Amazon customer service (CS)
As a Software Development Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other senior software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. Your solutions will provide the ultimate customer service experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's questions using the Chat platform. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners and leadership, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
We use SCRUM, test-driven development, and continuous deployment to deliver projects based on realistic timelines and resource constraints.
We are seeking Software Development Engineers excited by this opportunity. If this sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Masters' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, relational and non-relational databases.
• Experience with both backend and front end development (full stack engineering).
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us