Want to join a startup team building new Alexa experiences for hospitality and other out of home segments? Customers tell us they love the convenience of Alexa and smart home, and we want to extend those experiences to shared living spaces such as rentals, assisted living and more.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will build new services and experiences from ground up, will be a technical leader and have significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
In this role, you will take a pragmatic and iterative approach to building software: You will simplify and get things done while experimenting on rapid iterations on the new concepts. You will need to be a focused and thoughtful leader of your team who works effectively with external and internal partners.
Amazon Alexa, Alexa, Amazon Echo, Echo, object oriented, Java, Linux, large scale distributed systems, distributed systems, high availability, speech and language understanding, NLU, ASR, Seattle, Senior Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Dev, SDE3, SDE III, Senior SDE, Senior Software Dev, Senior Software Engineer, Amazon Seattle Software Development, Cloud, web services, SOA, service oriented architecture, AWS services, no-SQL databases, micro services
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interface
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
• Demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about Alexa
• Highly quantitative with great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us