Software Development Engineer
- Chennai, India
Are you passionate about technology? Do you enjoy using it to create solutions that drive the business?
Do you want to be part of a team that works with all of Amazon's digital presence? Do you want learn how to use AWS technologies and NoSQL solutions to build data driven and configurable platforms that calculate and aggregate royalties for all of Amazon's Digital Content Providers? Are you interested in creating software solutions that enable the innovation and growth of the Amazon business?
We are looking for self-starters who enjoy working with a team of smart, entrepreneurial engineers & business teams, and like solving challenges at Amazon impact and scale. You will be building solutions that enable the business to grow faster, and help software platforms get out of the way of that growth. You will be working with DynamoDb, S3, Hadoop and a horde of AWS and Amazon grown technologies. Bring your Java chops, or learn with us as you grow your career at Amazon!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Back to top