Software Development Engineer
- Chengdu, China
The Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) team owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems. We build the systems that decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas, continuously improves, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience developing/testing scalable web applications strongly preferred.
• Track record of delivering an excellent customer experience.
• Experience developing software in an agile environment.
• Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Experience in optimization.
• Clear understanding of the basics of web-delivered technologies.
• Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers in all organizations.
Back to top