Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Macie team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and artificial intelligence to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. The fully managed service continuously monitors data access activity for anomalies, and generates detailed alerts when it detects risk of unauthorized access or inadvertent data leaks. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of events everyday. The candidate will get opportunity to build upon technologies used to process Big Data like AWS EMR, Apache Spark etc. to lead the expansion of Macie's core analytics capabilities. The preferred candidate will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, writing high performance code that is scalable and maintainable. They will also have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the product, working closely with product management to give technical direction to business problems.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of professional experience with big data processing systems such as AWS EMR, Apache Spark, etc.
• 2+ years of experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of professional experience coding in Java, C++, or similar object oriented language
• 3+ years of working knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
• Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
• Proven ability to improve team practices, mentor engineers, and streamline processes
• Experience building network security systems such as firewalls, unified threat management, and virtual private network technologies
• Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts
• Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top