Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Seller Pricing team builds the platform, products, and algorithms responsible for the optimisation of seller set prices on Amazon. Our group's systems control the dynamics of all of 3P products on Amazon, from deciding promotion structures to dispatching price changes on billions of products on Amazon in real time. We are working on building next generation tools and software to help our sellers make informed pricing decisions. This requires a wide range of skills or aptitude to learn new technologies like :
(a) build large scale high quality systems that can react/record 50K events/sec and render the information on seller facing UI with low latency.
(b) knack of solving technology problems in simplistic manner with an eye for innovation.
There is abundance of problems/opportunities in this space and Pricing is one of the top key strategy areas on Amazon marketplace.
We invite you to join us in the exciting journey to build distributed, highly-available and scalable price tools and services for global pricing.
We are looking for technical, energetic and focused software engineers who love solving challenging problems. You will be part of a team where flexibility, teamwork, and creative thinking are highly valued.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years professional software engineering experience
• 5+ year experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Experience with large-scale, distributed systems
• Experience with Agile, OOD and other software development best practices.
Back to top