Software Development Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
Are you interested in software development, Linux, scalable systems, Virtualization and cloud computing? Continue reading or reach out to us with your application; we're happy to tell you more about it.
At the Amazon Dev Center in Bucharest we're looking for passionate builders to join our engineering teams working at the operating system, virtualization, and platform technologies that power AWS. You will be part of a solid engineering team that has the feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to drive innovation, work on complex technical challenges, be in touch with operations, and engineer systems on a massive scale. You will be surrounded by people who are smart and who believe that best service is critical to customer success. Your work will focus on new tools, performance and productivity improvements for EC2.
Key responsibilities include developing end-to-end software solutions for EC2, and supporting and troubleshooting the solutions once deployed to production.
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Software development experience focused on Linux.
• Knowledge in at least two of C, bash, Python or Java.
• Good understanding of Linux fundamentals
• Knowledge of Linux package management, version control systems, automated build processes and software unit testing
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies
• Experience in OO Design and at least one OO language such as Java or C++
• Knowledge of distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
• The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Back to top