Software Development Engineer
- Bogota, Colombia
Ever wondered how Amazon is using its Global presence to offer best of Amazon experience to its international customers? Amazon Global store allows customers to buy imported products in their local current and experience. This is Amazon first cross marketplace initiative that allows selection from one marketplace to list on another marketplace. Given our rapid growth and this huge opportunity we are applying cutting edge technology to solve complex business problems. Do you like working on projects that are highly visible and are tied closely to Amazon's profitability and growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you want to pave the future for Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business globally? If so, Amazon Global Store is seeking a Software Development Engineer who wants to stretch both their technical abilities and their business know-how to implement creative global solutions and act as a leader of leaders.
Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Proven experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Back to top