Software Development Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
At Amazon Recruiting Engine (RE), we are customer obsessed and think big. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon. To achieve this goal we are searching for a passionate Software Development Engineer (SDE).
As an SDE in recruiting Engine, you will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of the RT team, you will deliver robust feature sets, intuitive designs, and user interfaces that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
To be successful on this journey, you will love having high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and always look for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused: understand multiple customers' challenges and you are constantly looking for ways to pursue them. You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in an exciting, creative, passionate and collaborative team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Proficiency with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or the equivalent years of professional work experience & training.
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Back to top