Do you want to build premium shopping experiences for millions of Amazon customers worldwide? Are you passionate about using cutting-edge technology to help customers find the right products in the most intuitive manner?
CE Tech (Consumer Electronics Technology) is a high-impact technical team that uses the latest AWS technologies to build and improve the customer experience while shopping for consumer electronics on Amazon.
We have an opening for a talented Software Development Engineer to help us innovate and make our mark in this space! If you are an experienced SDE who wants to work on hard problems and have the autonomy to deliver, then we want to talk to you about joining us in CETech.
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with other team members and partner teams to investigate design approaches, participate in design reviews, prototype new technology, and develop both customer-facing and back-end services features.
• Work with modern web development technologies to improve customer workflows
• Work with AWS technologies such as SageMaker (Machine Learning), SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift, CloudWatch, Data Pipelines, and Kinesis
• Write high-quality distributed system software
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $120,700/Year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, dive deep, and create solutions for complex problems.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Demonstrated ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Graduate degree a plus