Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers to play a critical role in launching a brand new service from the ground up. AWS customers are pushing the envelope for their customers in new and exciting ways; they want to focus on their core business and not on gluing together various developer tools or building bespoke solutions to get their code to production. Developers want a smooth user experience that highlights things that require attention and allows them to focus on writing code, not managing development tools and scaffolding. At the same time, enterprises want their developers to use a toolchain that is secure and promotes safe best practices by default.
The AWS Code Suite services were built to address this need. AWS CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy allow customers to author, validate, and release software and infrastructure changes easily, quickly, and safely. But we aren't content with the current products - we see a big opportunity to compliment the existing tools with a new offering that we believe will provide more seamless experiences between services and will make our customers more productive.
That's where you come in. As a senior engineer on the AWS Developer Tools team, you will play a lead role in the creation of a product that will be used (and loved!) by millions of engineers. You will lead a strong team as we shape the future of continuous delivery. You will play a key role in all aspects of the software delivery process including requirements gathering, ideation, technical design, implementation, release, and operation. You will design distributed systems at an epic scale, all in service of delighting customers.
Sound like this is in your wheelhouse? Then please apply! We would be excited to have you on the team.
Location options include Seattle WA or Arlington VA
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with other programming languages such as Go or Python
• Demonstrated ability to design, deliver, and operate complex, highly available distributed systems
• Broad subject matter expertise in developer tools and continuous delivery best practices
• Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
• Familiarity with agile methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach junior engineers effectively
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a way that includes others and earns trust
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top