Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. Our team works on similar next generation consumer electronics.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented System Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build and development environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and enhance our software build pipelines for embedded devices
• Develop tools and dashboards to increase SW development productivity
• Build and enhance the Test Automation Framework used by Dev and QA teams
• Build, maintain source code repository, build tools, CI/CD infrastructure
• Implement Continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
• Establish Dev-Ops processes, branch/merge criteria, Build acceptance tests, pre-submit testing, nightly regression tests etc.
• Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
• Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2+ years industry experience
• Experience or background in Build and Release Engineering.
• Experience with implementing microservices using AWS tools(S2, EC2, DynamoDB, API gateways..)
• Experience with make, ANT, and Eclipse development platform.
• Experience with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Selenium, Splunk, UI Automator etc.
• Experience building, setting up and/or maintaining automation frameworks
• Good understanding of the integration between automated software test and the build process.
• Familiarity with product development (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), service-oriented architecture.
• Experience with distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as Git and gerrit and experience transitioning teams from traditional tools to DVCS.
• Experience in a leadership role supporting a product development organization which has successfully delivered consumer oriented products.
• Experience in developing packaging and deployment tools for multiple platforms: eg: desktop, mobile, cloud
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top