Software Development Engineer
Excited by High Scale Distributed Systems and Personalization? Interested in working on complex problems and high impact projects?
Whether recommending content, improving search results, or anticipating what the customer is about to do, Personalization is all about making the product experience unique, relevant and valuable to the customer. The ideal candidate has background in developing large scale systems, interest in personalization, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills and superior communication skills. You should be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to details) and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Engineers will work closely with both business teams and development teams to understand requirements, design and develop the technical solution and collect feedback from customers. If you are looking for your next big challenge and career move, come talk to us.
- Develop personalization strategies to optimize for KPIs and the customer lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain scalable distributed real-time systems.
- Adapt machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to high volume low-latency production workloads.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years industry experience in software development
- Experience programming with Java
- Ability to handle ambiguous and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Development Expertise in object-oriented design, big data and large scale distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a team player
- Experience building complex large scale software systems servicing millions of users
- Experience working with AWS, NoSQL, streaming/lambda architectures (Apache Spark, Storm, Kafka)
- Interest in the field of personalization
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top