Software Development Engineer
- Wenatchee, WA
Come join Amazon's advertising business - poised to be the next huge revenue generator for Amazon!
Amazon's Vertical Ad Products team is looking for exceptional software engineers to build sophisticated distributed systems for our next generation ad programs. This team is responsible to build advertising systems that help deliver offers and advertisements on Amazon.com, Amazon devices such as the Fire TV, Fire Tablet, and Kindle, and other Amazon owned and operated properties.
We are continuously adding new products and features across a variety of advertising programs. We strive to provide valuable offers and deals to Amazon device users across the world, powering advertising opportunities to advertisers who want to display their products globally. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation. This is your opportunity to help us in exploring new ideas, technology and Amazon products with the goal of expanding our advertising products for customers. You will be continually experimenting with new models that will delight our customers with cool stuff they really want, and apply innovative ideas to simplify existing models to provide faster, better and more optimized experiences.
This is a strategic initiative for the company. We believe that this part of Amazon is still in a nascent stage. The growth potential is huge, and we are growing quickly.
What about you?
You are enthusiastic about helping in defining our products, shaping ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. You are comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in a relatively unstructured environment. You have well-honed, insightful architectural design instincts, and enjoy building simple and elegant systems that will scale to support millions of users. Passion for the customer and their experience with our products is a key requirement for you. As an engineer, you enjoy working on MVP products, innovating on behalf of the customer, and building systems that will form the foundation of this highly strategic new businesses.
It won't be easy. The challenges that come with scale and the semi-connected nature of Amazon devices will pose interesting, unique technical problems. These are big challenges that will move the needle for our advertising program.
If you enjoy working on (i) technologies spanning web services, Data Layer & the User experience (ii) solving complex problems using cutting edge technologies and (iii) distributed computing challenges on a massive scale, this is the right place for you!
Come help us take this to the next level!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++ or Java
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
• Experience working with modern tools for big data storage and analysis (e.g., AWS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL)
• Experience or strong interest in machine learning models and concepts
• Experience working on projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience launching services at scale.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top