Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Alexa? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about Alexa and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Leading development and maintenance of key system features
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Alexa Entertainment team owns the software pieces that power the Media experience on Alexa devices (Music, Radio, Podcasts, Audible, eBooks and lot more in the future)
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
• 4+ years experience building successful production software systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Experience designing and developing software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with developing, releasing and maintaining a large scale services or applications
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top