Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Have you ever wondered what technologies enable Amazon to innovate and create delightful experiences for customers at a massive scale? What if I told you Amazon is building the next wave of technologies to enable further disruption and innovation at an even faster velocity? Would you want to be part of that revolution? Then come join the Experience Assembly team!
Our team is reinventing Amazon's web architecture to accelerate developments through manage solutions and to enable bold optimizations in the future that will save customers time throughout their shopping journey. As a software development engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside talented engineers and collaborate with teams across Amazon in building out backend distributed systems for the new architecture. You will own technical designs, decisions and deliveries that will disrupt the status quo at Amazon and shape how builders will build. You will be challenged with creating simple solutions to complex problems that can scale to hundreds of millions of customers worldwide.
It's always Day One at Amazon. Let's build the future together!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn quickly, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Back to top