Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We are Optimal Sourcing team (OSS) within SCOT and are hiring! We work with several vendor inputs/constraints and other SCOT systems to execute a sourcing strategy, ultimately translating an optimal plan into real world execution by systematically connecting with suppliers. We own cost negotiations with vendors, import ordering, inbound optimization, supplier performance and procurement automation. We aim to maximize supply availability that directly drive top line by improving instock levels and total sourcing cost reduction improving bottom line of Amazon Retail.
What will you do?
You will be partnering with research scientists, product managers and software engineers to solve complex problems and building innovative solutions to drive $100B inventory buying decisions. You will design/build scalable, distributed computing solutions. Candidate needs to have a high sense of ownership, ability to develop end to end solutions and improve customer experience. This role would expose you to solving problems of scale in the areas of data mining, machine learning algorithms and distributed systems of cloud-scale. You will be responsible for driving the team's technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with advanced degrees preferred.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
• Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
• Solid programming skills in and a deep understanding of object oriented design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Master's degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
• A deep understanding of software development life cycle and processes
• Have had impact and influence across multiple teams
• Expertise with data science and machine learning algorithms
• Experience leading a team of engineers through design, execution, launch and maintenance of multiple products
Back to top