AWS is seeking an extraordinary Software Development Engineer II for the WWRO Data Tools team.
The WWRO Data Platform organization provides a foundational and centralized data platform for Amazon AWS (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Customer Service, and Professional Services) to identify business insights for better understanding of our customers. Our teams take on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges the world. We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand the copious amounts of data we store.
You should have deep expertise in software development to architect, design, and build tools for the data engineering teams and for end users that consume data from our data platform. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand requirements. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data platform data stores. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• BA/BS in Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer
• 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or Python
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable web services
• Experience building and operating critical, highly available (24x7) systems
• Experience with Big Data technology like Apache Hadoop, NoSQL, Presto, etc.
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
• Experience building and leading complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.