Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Digital technologies like Internet of Things and ML are dramatically changing the business landscape for AWS customers. Digital promises innovation and business agility for customers of all types from those creating their first connected products to those responsible for changing the way we consume energy. AWS Outcome Driven Engineering was created to develop products and services for new verticals and industries, helping to reduce complexity and expertise required to build and operate modern digital industries on AWS. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses. We work closely with strategic customers to bring their domain expertise and our digital and innovation experience to solve industry-wide challenges on AWS.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking and excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering new product categories to new customer types in an emerging technology space.
• Are a diverse team of pioneers and builders from AWS, Amazon, industry, and start-ups
• Work closely with our customers, obsessing about their needs, success and experience
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigors of building large distributed systems that scale to Amazon size and reliability
• Love what we do and have a lot of fun learning from each other
• The team members comprise a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing opportunities for new members both to be mentored and for mentorship.
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
• Thrive in an agile environment, creating order from ambiguity
• Love to learn and build strong teams with others as passionate as you
• Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Want to create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
• Use data and iterate to make decisions and validate assumptions
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Excellent understanding of resource and design requirements for highly scalable systems
• Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
• Proven ability to mentor other software developers and to improve development best practices
• Familiarity with fundamental IoT or Industrial Systems principles like remote connectivity, messaging basics, latency, streaming data, contextual analytics methodologies, device resource limitations
• Practical experience with key enabling technologies such as serverless, machine learning, data science or analytics pipelines
• Entrepreneurial spirit interested in experimentation and testing long held industry assumptions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top