Software Development Engineer
Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast it gets to you?
Every day Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between Click to Deliver for your products. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) team owns all of the software and infrastructure which powers Amazon's world-class fulfillment engine. In the service of our customers, we are innovating in the areas of material handling automation, machine vision, robotics, and machine learning. In parallel, we are continuously improving our processes using techniques such as lean, six sigma and Kaizen.
AFT owns the fundamental data and services which drive our catalog, inventory and labor management systems. These systems underlie everything that we do; tens of millions of catalog items, hundreds of millions of inventory items and billions of transactions a year! Every item that comes into the Fulfillment Center (FC), moves around, and goes out to a customer comes through our systems.
Our team in the Austin office is developing complex systems to capture data during every step in the automated pipeline and use that data to proactively predict efficiency and cost improvements to deliver the packages fast to our customers. If you're ready for your next challenge and want to be part of a forward-thinking and cutting-edge development team, then we want to speak with you!
This is your chance to make a direct impact to Amazon's core Fulfillment Technologies platform. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies Team is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer to help build fast, scalable systems for solving problems such as:
- Capture and analyze data to improve efficiency of the fulfillment pipeline in real time.
- Build fault-tolerant systems that can process billions of requests per day.
- Optimize processes in our fulfillment centers through tracking, analysis and automation.
If you are a Software Engineer interested in developing measurable results impacting millions, we want to talk to you.
As a successful candidate you will be able to build new software from the ground up, create pragmatic solutions for complex business problems, enjoy working closely with operations staff to optimize physical processes, and be willing to occasionally travel to Amazon fulfillment centers around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- At least 5+ years work experience in a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, Scala or similar modern programming languages
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- Unix or Linux experience
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies
- Experience with building large scale distributed systems
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in working with big data and data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, AWS Kinesis
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or any other cloud based software development
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top