Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Are you passionate about building, owning, and operating massively scalable systems? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The AWS Security Services team at Amazon.com is looking for passionate and innovative Software Developers to help us design, develop, and launch a new security service. The AWS Security Services team builds technologies such as Amazon Inspector to help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet compliance requirements in the AWS cloud. The team interacts with AWS security researchers to codify security best practices and provide customers with detailed recommendations for remediating potential issues. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance. Security Services is crucial for Amazon's long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon. We are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs.
Amazon in a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." The ideal candidate will relish creating prototypes to prove ideas, instrumenting code to measure system performance, speaking with customers to gather product requirements, drafting proposals for new solutions to hard problems, and developing solutions at massive scale.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 1+ years of professional software development experience with any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
• 1+ years of professional experience with Linux operating system development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Minimum 1 years experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Minimum 1 years experience working with Linux
• Minimum 1 years experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation
• Working knowledge of networking fundamentals
• Working experience with security products
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email Australia Battle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top