Software Development Engineer
- Madrid, Spain
The Kindle Conversion team is looking for a seasoned software development engineer to work on Kindle Conversion technology that makes it fast and easy for content creators to create great looking Kindle books.
You will need to envision, invent and design end-to-end products that continuously make it simpler to create books. Expect to be challenged!
Our vision for Kindle is of offering every book, ever written, in any language, all available within 60 seconds. The Kindle Conversion team's charter is to create self-service solutions that make it unbelievably simple and fast for content creators to create the best Kindle user experience from their published content or unpublished content. This varies from simple fiction/non-fiction novels to complex textbooks with interactive content. In order to make this possible, this team creates powerful conversion tools which help authors, publishers and eBook designers to create Kindle books.
Brief on Work:
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for design, development, and deployment of a range of author/publisher facing products/services on a variety of platforms. The additional responsibilities of the role include ensuring the various system-level SLAs are met, while maintaining unrelenting focus on the quality, throughput and innovation of the deliverable, and manage the stakeholders. A successful candidate will have an established background in HTML and word file-formats, strong technical ability, excellent project and people management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers and content creators across the world. Come help us reinvent reading!
- Experience developing software in a high-performance across different platforms
- Prior knowledge on HTML or other file-formats would be a bonus
- Prior knowledge on machine learning techniques on content analysis will be a plus
- Can multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MS in computer science or with relevant experience as per the job description.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages including C, C++, C#, or Java
- Strong Datastructure, Algorithm and Problem solving skills.
- Experience in seeing through a complete software life cycle and showing ownership on building components.
- Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
- Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to hard problems
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top