Are you interested in building a brand new tool that combines big data and machine learning? The WW Consumer BI team is building a new platform to consolidate and enhance how information is provided to our customers across the global Consumer finance and business organizations. This will include the development of an anomaly detection service, self-service data solutions, and a custom interface that will support a large set of users, including Consumer senior leadership
WW Consumer Insights, Planning BI team is building several new solutions meant to improve how our customers receive information and offer actionable insights.
In this role, you will:
• Work with scientists and engineers to deliver prototypes and production systems for our end users. The functional domains include: time series prediction, anomaly detection, automatic attribution, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc.
• Build sophisticated distributed systems and the processing and visualization of Big Data.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Masters degree in Computer Science
• Experience working in an agile software development organization
• Experience with data visualization best practices
• Experience with Big Data Technologies ( Hadoop/AWS EMR etc.)
• Proven track record of delivering high quality software on time
• Possesses strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Able to work in a diverse team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.