Software Development Engineer
The AWS SDKs and Tools team is searching for a Java expert eager to make the AWS platform even easier for Java developers to use. We're looking for a developer who's passionate about giving customers the best possible developer experience, has strong Java skills, and is excited to build high-quality open-source software in a fast moving, agile environment.
In this position, you'll be at the heart of AWS, frequently collaborating with AWS service and platform teams as well as internal customers from all over Amazon. You'll also have the opportunity to engage with external customers online and in person as the voice of AWS in the Java development community.
Our team runs several open-source projects on GitHub, such as the AWS SDK for Java, the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse, AWS DynamoDB Encryption Library, and just released a Developer Preview of the AWS SDK for Java 2.0. Our largest project, the AWS SDK for Java, is a critical piece of software used very heavily both inside and outside of Amazon.
To succeed in this role, you should be incredibly customer focused, have a strong command of Java development and an expert knowledge of the Java developer community. You must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company and take pleasure from delighting developers with high-quality, best-of-breed development tools and libraries.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- · Minimum of three years software development experience in Java.
- · Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, object-oriented design and complexity analysis.
- · Strong desire to build great libraries and tools for other developers.
- · Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion. Strong sense of ownership.
- Familiarity and development experience with Web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTP, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
- · A person that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
- · Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
- · Experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum
- Experience with open-source development
- Experience with Eclipse plugin development and/or other OSGi systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top