The AWS Fraud Prevention team is building a new data platform which will serve high volume functions like stream data collection, filtering, aggregation, anomaly detection. Additionally, the platform will support offline functionality like data history, archival, data warehousing, analytics and reporting. You should be someone who wants to build massively scalable, robust software, and wants to see your software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services. You will drive the team's direction and be encouraged to contribute towards our long-term vision and architecture.
The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on high availability production systems. BIG Data system design and implementation experience is a plus but not required: you will get opportunity to learn this as part of the role.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/ "
- 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Able to work in a diverse team
- BS, MS, or higher degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Fluency and experience in either Java or C#
- Excellent problem solving ability and detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful web services
- Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems
- Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with AWS technologies and solutions built on top of them.