Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Internet is too slow!
The AWS Edge team recently launched the AWS Global Accelerator (AGA) service to provide our customers and their end users with a fast and highly available network with load-balancing functionality to access services running in multiple AWS regions all over the world. AGA uses the AWS backbone network to provide rapid access to services from anywhere on the globe so that clients don't become bottle-necked by using the public Internet. If you want to work on internet routing, distributed systems, and network layer system programming in a fast-paced working environment, an opportunity to work with and learn from top-talent engineers, and make a significant impact for our current and future customers, this is the place for you!
The AGA team is looking for exceptional software engineers to solve challenging problems and deliver new features while helping to operate this global service. You should be passionate about customers, and running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and have deep experience defining new specialized products from ambiguous requirements.
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, internet routing, have outstanding analytical skills and excellent communication. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly specialized software and networking development teams.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, networking and low-level kernel development
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• Designed and built high throughput networking systems, cache coherency algorithms, or eventually consistent systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top