Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be a part of a technology team that enables one of the most profitable businesses at Amazon.com?
The Amazon Payment Product team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon's global CoBrand and Private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences. We are an agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to millions of Amazon customers while having fun and filing new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you!
Our mission is to develop the most customer centric cobranded credit cards in the world. We innovate on behalf of our customers by partnering with business, financial partners and internal teams in Amazon. We engineer business solutions to help our customers get unrivaled value out of their cards on the Amazon websites. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of payment solutions built natively in AWS. You will lead a team of developers in delivering high quality software solutions to support variety of customer use cases and are scalable to handle Amazon volume. This role provides a huge opportunity for you to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon. This is a critical program for Consumer Payments, with high leadership visibility, and opportunity for delivering significant business value.
• 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer (SDE)
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Master's degree (MS/ME) or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Experience with payment system and credit card space is a plus
• Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
Back to top