Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At AWS AI, we are building the platform of choice for AI workloads, and we are looking for a strong technical contributor to develop ML features and solutions at AWS scale.
If you are passionate about new technology trends in artificial intelligence, cloud services and making it easier for our customers to solve their real-world business cases with machine learning/deep learning, we would love to talk to you.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use technologies in AWS such as Amazon SageMaker
• Innovate and evangelize using state-of-the-art machine learning services in AWS and ML frameworks, and
• Meet with external customers in different industries to "work-backwards" from their machine learning business cases.
As a member of the SageMaker JumpStart team in AWS AI, you will be working alongside applied scientists, front-end engineers and UX designers to develop easy-to-use ML solutions for real-world use cases.
We work in a start up environment to iterate quickly based on customer feedback and ultimately deliver broad business impact. Ideally, you would have deployed several end-to-end machine learning features, and are experienced with the path from development to production.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices and mentoring other team members
• Experience in delivering Machine Learning based solution
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Back to top