Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Planning Core team owns systems that take demand for inbound and outbound freight movements for Amazon and produce a plan in compliance with constraints (Program specific, DoT regulations etc.) that aims to minimize costs and manual effort required to generate vehicle movement plans. This is a interesting opportunity to work on innovative NP Hard problems/Algorithms that saves Amazon MM of $ in freight movements.
An Ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction, in terms of developing and tuning algorithms for optimal savings in least time, collaborate with stakeholders to model the planning components - supply, cost/rates and demand in an efficient and automated fashion and develop closed loop systems that creates a planning flywheel to produce efficient plans as we scale beyond just road transportation to Air, Rail and Ocean in the future for vehicle movements WW.
• Work closely with senior engineers to , implement and deploy applications that impact the middle mile planning business.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of the planner - be it simplifying the input modelling, providing automated simulations or optimizing algorithms for new supply types or better efficiency.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and implement appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
The ideal candidate should be a leader, quick learner and be able to work effectively. They should be able to operate in a very ever-growing environment where time to reach market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with solid business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 3+ years of Software Development experience
• Solid software development background including understanding of algorithms to solve NP Hard Combinatorial optimization problems and proven background to deal with ambiguity.
• Familiar with building complex web applications using .
• Professional, object-oriented and coding skills ( e.g. on platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in Vehicle Routing/e-commerce transportation algorithms/software systems.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a exciting environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top