Use your deep technical skills and experience to make Amazon a better place to work and delight our customers by joining Amazon Connections.
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians an effective way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connection leverages real time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. Our goal is to strengthen Amazon's workplace culture and help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
The Scheduling team works on the software and systems that every Amazonian uses to do their job. We Schedule content to employees globally and we do this by building best in class algorithms and services. We own a range of micro-services across multiple programming languages, mainly JVM based, react, some machine learning and more. We use AWS to run our systems which help us achieve Amazon scale.
In this role you will:
• Work with teams across the org to deliver large distributed projects to delight our customers
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages
• Build highly available, secure, systems in a microservices architecture
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale"
• Own and operate the systems that you build
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement
• Get firsthand experience engineering client apps as well as AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, S3, DynamoDB and others
The Connections Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, and technical challenges at the scale of Amazon. We offer opportunities for builders to build and make history!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• At least 3+ years work experience in a related field • Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or similar modern programming languages
• Solid experience in data structures and algorithms
• Experience with non-traditional data stores such as DynamoDB, AWS Redshift or ElasticSearch.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customer
• Experience deploying or managing large scale systems
• Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other technical degree and related experience
• 3+ years of experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us