Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, award winning original content, live sports, and premium subscriptions. Our systems operate at Amazon-scale, serving customers in almost 250 territories worldwide.
The Playback organization within Prime Video owns technologies in encoding, storage, delivery, optimization, metrics, ads, and video players. All operating at a massive scale that allow you to enjoy your video the moment you hit play. We are now looking to expand our footprint, enabling IMDb TV to utilize the same best in class technologies that Prime Video enjoys. We're building on a system that can scale to serve hundreds of millions of customers around the world belonging to any number of Amazon properties, and we're just getting started. Come join the Video Players team build the software to get IMDb TV to scale up!
You will work with the major video player platforms categories including Android, iOS, Living Room devices (game consoles, video devices, TVs), and Web
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Worked with at least one major platform (Android, iOS, Web) API for application development
• Understanding of Internet video basics
• Ability to understand large, complex systems, and quickly dive deep into any one area
• Experience in video technology
• Creating software development kits (SDKs)
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
• Experience with experimentation, knowing how to move fast and make continuous incremental improvement
• Ability to take ambiguous requirements and fleshing them out into succinct customer delighting features.
• Be a leader, not afraid to define courses of action and have conviction and influence to bring others along.
• Has extremely high standards on behalf of our customers
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top